K.B. Hayes & Company was founded in 2003 to manage the activities and investments of Kenneth B. Hayes, a 20-year veteran of the IT, software and new technology industry. My mission is to make commercial success of new technologies. I don’t promote change and new technology for its own sake, but only if it can make life simpler, more enjoyable and profitable. My partners / clients / investments are growth-oriented businesses located in greater Los Angeles and Scandinavia.
This website is an outlet for me to discuss and consider how technology affects our lives, and the opinions expressed are my own.
Ken Hayes, President, Investor and Principal Consultant
Highlights of Ken’s experience:
- Active Member of the Advisory Boards of two Angel/professional-investor-backed startups in LA: Anymeeting.com and TripTrotting / Wist, where I personally mentor the founders and advise them on growth, strategy, revenue and funding.
- President of Nami Media, Inc., an Internet advertising technology company based in Los Angeles from 2007 to 2009, sold to LIN Media and eventually swallowed up by them.
- CEO and Founder of two international, VC-backed start-ups in the e-learning field, IMS Learning AS and Ergosaver, Inc. IMS was named to Deloitte’s European Fast 500 in 2003 and recognized as the leading e-learning company in Denmark by IDC Scandinavia. IMS was bought by Assima Plc. in 2007 and became Assima Scandinavia.
- General Manager of an Internet advertising agency subsidiary in Los Angeles, Degrees.com part of Oversee.net, in 2005-2006.
- Program Manager and member of Dell Computer Corp’s European Management Team, based in London.
- Section Manager and E-banking developer for Unibank/Nordea in Copenhagen.
- MBA with Distinction from INSEAD, France.
- BA in Economics from Pomona College.
- Lived 13 years in Europe.
- Born and raised in Los Angeles.
See me on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/kbhayes
See me on Twitter: twitter.com/KenHayesLA
Also on Facebook: facebook.com/kbhayes